Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Match list in, corrections to prev. blog

I should mention that I am incapable of using American-English idioms correctly as:

1. I grew up in predominately Mandarin-speaking household;
2. That household was in a small Midwest town;
3. I didn't pay attention to use of idioms.

The last point is really the reason why I can't use idioms properly. This being said, in the previous post beefsteak should be beefcake.

In other news, my match list is in! I am still stressing about it, even though I recognize that I can't change it. Arrrgggh. Fingers crossed, hoping I get my top 3.

Two more days of work, the weekend, then one month with cardiologists. In terms of popularity, the Infectious Disease doctors will be hard to beat. There is nothing quite like Candy Rounds (yes, we get candy, and it is educational).

I am halfway through a collection of Voltaire's short stories, including Micromegas, Candide, and Zadig. I read Candide about fifty times and was delighted to read more of his work. I enjoyed Zadig, found Micromegas amusing, and another one of his stories an allegory of the dismal state of humanity in the 18th century. *sigh* Will write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment